With more than 100 standard models to choose from, we got a rolling ladder that will meet your retail, warehousing and manufacturing application needs! Some of our other ladder types includes dock ladders, industrial truck ladder, and vertical fixed ladders. Every product in the EGA line is designed for optimum performance and safety at an affordable price. Whatever the application, our experts can provide the right ladder solution.
|What things should you look for when selecting a ladder? EGA Products offers a variety of ladders that will surely fit your needs. Just follow the guide below to get started!
Head on over to our rolling ladder assortment to view all the great ladders we have!
1. How Tall of a Ladder Do I Need?
For every different scenario you will need a different ladder with a different amount of steps and platform height. Some ladder sizes are more common than others (3,5,7 Step Ladders are among the most common) but it truly depends on your working height and platform height.
Your working height is the distance from the floor to your maximum reach on the top of a platform while the platform height is equal to your working height minus 60″ (or 5′). This is generally the case as the maximum convenient working height is generally 5′ 0″ above top platform.
2. Determining the Number of Steps for Your Rolling Ladder
Now that you know the working height and platform height, you can figure out how many steps you’ll need. Formula to determine the best fit rolling ladder:
*Note that you need to divide by 10″ as 1 tread height is equal to 10″.
3. How Wide of a Ladder Should I Get?
Once again, it all depends on your scenario. Standard widths on most models are 16″, 24″, and 30″. It’s best to:
- Pick as wide of a ladder as space permits
- Take into account whether people must pass ladder in an aisle
- Think of where the ladder is stored when not in use
4. Use Other Helpful Tips for Selecting a Rolling Ladder
- Consider limitations on ladder dimensions imposed by doorways, overhead obstructions, corners that ladder must turn, etc
- Consider some of our special “optional” features to ensure the complete effectiveness of your EGA ladder
- For unusual or complex conditions, we can provide custom engineering
5. Buying a Rolling Ladder
Once when you got your perfect ladder picked out, make sure you know the SKU or Model #. This will help speed up the buying process and make your purchase go smoothly. At EGA Products, you can Request a Quote by entering in our EGA SKU # or Follow these steps:
Step 1: Click Email Icon For Rolling Ladder
Once your product is selected (Ex: EGA # B05020HKD) Click the email icon below “Add to Cart”
Step 2: Fill Out Email Product Quote Form
Complete the form for where you want to email the quote to** and add any additional information in the Notes section.
For making/requesting a purchase, add to Notes: “I would like to buy [X AMOUNT] of this product”
For a quote, fill in the form for where you want to email the quote to and add any additional information in the Notes section.
**If you want a quote/purchase for yourself, enter in your email in both “E-mail to” and “Your E-mail”
Step 3: Click SEND
Click “SEND” and you are all good to go! One of our sales representatives will reach out to you to shortly after.
Additional Usage Tips for Ladders
Ladder usage starts with making the appropriate ladder selection. From there, it’s all about safety and maintenance. Here are the five things that matter most when it comes to ladder usage:
- Proper selection.
- Inspect the ladder before each use.
- Follow use guidelines (request a free EGA poster on ladder usage).
- If the ladder requires assembly, please follow the instructions and double check that all fasteners are in place correctly.
- Follow maintenance guidelines. Simple things like replacing wheels or keeping corrosive materials off the ladder surface can extend the life for decades. All EGA Ladders are built in the USA, so basic maintenance could mean that you’ll never need another ladder.
EGA Products Rolling Ladders
- Steel, Aluminum, or Stainless construction.
- Select from Grip Strut®, EZY Tread®, or Rubber treads for step and platform surfaces.
- Select from a variety of step widths to fit your application.
- Steel reinforced rubber feet, foot/bumper pads and super durable casters utilized.
- Floor locking systems designed and tailored for each specific style.
- Models that ship knocked-down, factory (set-up), or fold-away.
- All ladders meet or exceed OSHA/ANSI standards with Cal-OSHA ladders available.
- Ability to add double or triple top steps, and fold down tray to most models.
- Choose for standard duty or cleaner areas.
- Perforated tread design formed from a solid steel sheet.
- Eliminates sagging problems and front edge wear which are common with most expanded metal treads.
- Available in steel models only.
- Self-cleaning, sure-footed and economical.
- A must when oily or wet surfaces can be underfoot.
- A serrated tooth surface formed from a solid steel sheet.
- Acclaimed by all ladder manufacturers.
- Steel or aluminum construction.
- Aggressive, strong, sure-footed and self-cleaning.
RUBBER SURFACE TREADS
- Best choice if a solid tread surface is desired.
- Soft, resilient surface that will last.
- Slip-resistant textured surface for sure footing.
Floor Locking Systems
- Photos A & B: Spring-loaded casters retract automatically under individual’s weight. Durable steel-reinforced rubber tips grip the floor and secure ladder when in use. Steel inserts in tips provide strength and lengthen rubber tip life
- Photos C & D: EZY-Lock actually is a carriage providing mobility in transport, stability when in use. Minimum of moving parts assures long service life. Four casters located on the corners of the carriage/ladder provide mobile stability to the ladder. The first ladder step disengages carriage which puts ladder firmly on the floor before being used. Step on one of two convenient foot pedals and the ladder is again mobile. No other ladder has a system with these safety orientated features.
EGA Rolling Ladders Available Colors
*Note that all colors might not be available for specific ladders
|Industrial Rolling||Office||Stockpicking||Mechanics / Maintenance|
|Work Platforms||Folding||Double Entry Platforms||Dual Access|
|Aluminum Work platforms||Crossovers|