EGA Products was commissioned to design and manufacture a Purpose-Built Transport Truck by one of the country’s largest suppliers of racks, trucks, and carts to business and industry. The end user is one of North America’s most famous retail chains. They wanted to reduce product damage to mattresses during warehouse handling by using a platform truck to transport their product.
Analyzing the warehouse operations surrounding the mattresses and working in cooperation with the retailer’s internal team, EGA engineers designed a platform truck with a larger deck and taller support sides.
This configuration vertically accommodates mattresses rather than stacking them, causing less stress and potential damage to them as they’re loaded and unloaded from the platform truck.
Custom Platform Cart Featured
- Solid steel deck and welded support sides—providing durability and accommodating larger capacities.
- Integrated push handles and heavy-duty swivel casters—allowing for easier handling and greater mobility for heavier loads.
- Corner bumpers—protecting carts from one another during warehouse operations.
- Towing eyes and optional couplers—making them easily towable by warehouse tractors (picture shown).
- Easy breakdown for improved out-of-service storage
EGA Platform Trucks Available Finishes
- Stainless Steel
- Painted enamel
- Powder coat
- Hot-dipped galvanized
- And more
Typical industrial applications: automotive, food, manufactured goods, military/government, shipping, retail, warehouse
Custom Solutions by EGA Products
Rely on EGA precision engineering and manufacturing expertise to design and build customized platform trucks like these, and other equipment that will meet the specific people-access, materials-handling, or storage needs of your industry and its processes—no matter how simple or complex your requirements.
Or know more about our other Custom Designed & Manufactured Products.