EGA Products designed and manufactured these Man-Aboard Order Picking Modules for the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) for use at their warehouse locations, doing so in cooperation with one of America’s premier materials-handling equipment manufacturers.
Effectively a shopping cart with 3-dimensional access, these modules increase the efficiency of DOD staging and packaging operations by enabling man-aboard forklift operators to pick many more items per hour than they could with single-level conventional pallets.
Special features of the EGA Man-Aboard Order Picking Modules designed for the DOD include:
- Sides, tops, and lockable double doors constructed of expanded metal grid work to secure ordnance and other sensitive military materiel while leaving it easily visible to the operator.
- Adjustable flat or inclined shelving levels—allow for flexibility and better segregation of items.
- Expanded metal grid work—provides necessary ventilation.
- Heavy-duty swivel casters—make it easy to position the module and connect it to the forklift.
- Push handles—allow for easy movement on the ground.
- Clamp blocks and other attachments—easily secure the module for unloading and other operations
EGA Man-Aboard Order Picking Modules are available with stainless steel construction and are otherwise offered in a variety of finishes, including:
- Painted enamel
- Powder coat
- Hot-dipped galvanized
- And more
Typical industrial applications: automotive, manufactured goods, military/government, shipping
If we can do this for them, what might we do for you?
Rely on EGA precision engineering and manufacturing expertise to design and build order-picking modules like these, and other equipment that will meet the specific people-access, materials-handling, or storage needs of your industry and its processes—no matter how simple or complex your requirements.
Or know more about our other Custom Designed & Manufactured Products.