At EGA Products, customized products is what sets us apart from the competition. We are able to custom fabricate and design products for your material handling needs. Just like this helicopter maintenance platform for the U.S. Coast Guard.
Case Study: Custom Helicopter Maintenance Platform
A valued distributor came to EGA’s design team with a really cool request. The U.S. Coast Guard needed a specialized platform to perform maintenance on their critical fleet of search and rescue helicopters. The Coast Guard’s request came with very specific requirements for this mobile platform to reach delicate instrumentation. The platform had to be durable as many Coast Guard installations are near salty sea waters.
This Helicopter Platform Featured
- A specific platform height required custom rise of the step treads
- 4-way diamond plate treads and platform deck
- Custom handrail height and design to provide a sure hand-hold while allowing the access panels to be opened and closed with the platform in place
- Durable yellow powder coat finish
- Heavy-duty casters to assure easy mobility
- Double floor locks for a stable platform when in use