Pallet rack post protectors are also known as pallet rack upright guards, pallet rack column guards, or just pallet rack protectors. They typically come in plastic or steel. Plastic is cheaper but is known to break upon impact and does not last as long a steel pallet rack post protectors. EGA pallet rack post protectors are made to fit two pallet rack column widths with a variety of heights.
EGA Pallet Rack Post Protector Model Number Code
- Model Number code format is: 52=3” column, 08=post protector height (8”). OR PP (post protector) 52=3” column, ##=post protector height in inches.
- Example: Model 5208 or PP5208
- Model Number code format is: 62=4” column, 36=post protector height (36”). OR PP (post protector) 62=4” column, ##=post protector height in inches.
- Example: Model 6236 or PP6236
How to Select a Pallet Rack Post Protector
1. Determine which height is required of your application. Other special heights available. Note: height includes ¼” thick base plate.
2. Determine the size of the column of your application. Other special widths available. 3” column base plate opening is 3-3/8” and 4” column base plate opening 4-3/8”.
3. Determine if the will be any obstructions preventing proper anchoring to the floor. Base plate is 7-5/8” wide x 6” deep.
4. Determine what type of finish is required for your application. EGA Yellow is standard. Optional colors available. If you have a special color requirement, you can provide EGA with a chip sample for a color match or RAL Color Number.